In other words, Salpingectomy is the surgical removal of the fallopian tubes, which exit from both sides of the uterus and extend towards the ovary . The fallopian tubes removed during this operation are to ensure that the sperm are fertilized by passing from the ovaries to the uterus of the people. After this operation, some changes will naturally occur in the patients. We will give more information about the general purpose of this operation, which is preferred for many reasons, and the reasons for doing it.
What is Tube Removal Surgery?
Let’s examine together what is tube removal surgery and in which cases it is preferred. First of all, this surgical intervention, more commonly known as Salpingectomy , is the removal of the fallopian tubes, which allows people to get pregnant. With this process, fertilization, that is, pregnancy, does not occur, since the sperm cannot be transported from the ovaries to the uterus anymore. This operation is performed in several cases. These situations are;
- One of the most important factors in choosing this method is birth control. People who do not want to have children permanently provide birth control in this way.
- In the case of an ectopic pregnancy, the sperm usually does not implant in the uterus and instead lodges in the fallopian tubes. In this case, the rupture of the tube and the risk of the patient’s life occurs. Salpingectomy is applied to prevent this.
- It can be done as an early intervention to prevent it in people who are at high risk of developing ovarian cancer.
Where is Tubes Removal Surgery Performed?
The operation to remove the tubes is performed by entering the abdomen, that is, by laparoscopic surgery. First, the patient’s ovaries, uterus and tubes are examined. Accordingly, the tubes are removed from the area with the appropriate method. In some cases, the tubes become too attached to the intestines. In this case, the relationship of the tubes closest to the uterus is cut off.
How is Tube Removal Surgery Performed?
Salpingectomy is performed under general anesthesia and patients do not feel any pain during the operation. For the operation, with the help of two incisions made on the abdomen of the patient, devices with a camera at the end are inserted through the navel. Precision devices are used to prevent or minimize bleeding while removing the fallopian tubes. After the fallopian tubes are carefully removed, the incisions created are sutured. These incisions will go away on their own in a short time.
Considerations After Tubes Removal Surgery
Those who have tube removal surgery should pay attention to some important points after the operation. These important points are;
- You must take the medications prescribed by your specialist doctor regularly.
- You should definitely go to check-ups regularly and meet with the doctor who performed the operation.
- The area where the operation is performed must be protected against infection. It is necessary to stay away from pools, sea and public toilets, which are especially at risk of bacteria and virus contamination.
- Depending on the patient’s condition, sexual intercourse should be avoided for at least 1 month. It would be better to consult your doctor about this.
- You should definitely consult your doctor for complaints such as abnormal vaginal discharge, bleeding and abdominal pain.
- After surgical intervention, the use of tobacco and tobacco products should be reduced and, if possible, completely abandoned.
Tube Removal Surgery Price
The price of tube removal surgery is not as high as it seems. These operations, which are carried out in a short time by a specialist doctor, are reliable but not as costly as it is thought. Therefore, you can have this type of operation with peace of mind and continue your daily life after the operation. To get clear information about the price, you need to talk to a specialist doctor and be examined. In this way, you can get detailed information about the operation.
Tubes Removal Surgery Ankara
While tube removal surgery protects you from many risks and makes you comfortable, it also expects some responsibilities from you. First of all, where and how you have this operation performed is very important. For this operation, you must meet with a doctor who is an expert in the field and you must undergo the operation in a clinical setting. Tube removal surgery is performed much more commonly and successfully in cities with advanced and more advanced technologies such as Ankara. Therefore, if you have the opportunity, it would be more beneficial for you to undergo the operation in such cities.
Assoc. Dr. Tube Removal Surgery with Derman Başaran
Regarding the tube removal surgery , Assoc. Dr. Derman Başaran provides support to you with her experience and expertise. Thanks to state-of-the-art devices and advanced methods, operations in this field have a much higher success rate. You can make an appointment at any time from the clinic in Ankara to visit and be examined.