Robotic surgery or robotic gynecology is one of the latest innovations in minimally invasive surgical techniques. Using a narrow, illuminated binocular and miniature instruments controlled by a robotic system, gynecological oncologists are able to treat a variety of conditions affecting a woman’s reproductive organs.
Robotic surgery is typically used in laparoscopic treatments rather than open surgical approaches. The missing aspects of laparoscopic surgery; Robotic surgery has been developed to overcome deficiencies such as articulated instruments and two-dimensional imaging.
The aim of robot surgery is to transform open surgery into minimally invasive procedures. Thanks to robotic surgery, the recovery period of the patient is shortened considerably; It has advantages such as less pain after surgery, smaller and aesthetically less incisions, shorter hospital stay, shorter recovery time and faster return to daily routine.
What is Robotic Surgery in Gynecology?
Robotic Gynecology specialization and surgery; includes the internal female reproductive system organs, including the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, and vagina.
Gynecological conditions such as severe pelvic pain, endometriosis, fibroids, abnormal bleeding, pelvic organ prolapse and cancer are common in women and may require medical attention. According to the diagnosis of the disease; If lifestyle changes, medications, and other options do not relieve your symptoms, your specialist gynecologist may recommend surgery.
Robotic gynecology surgery is one of the latest innovations in minimally invasive surgical techniques. Using narrow, lighted binoculars and instruments controlled through a system programmed with robotic surgery, gynecological surgeons can treat many conditions that affect a woman’s reproductive organs.
With traditional open surgery, gynecologists have to make a large incision to access the area for treatment. gynecologist with laparoscopic surgery; It controls the binoculars and instruments that make up the robotic surgery system through a few small incisions. Although robotic gynecology is similar to surgical laparoscopy, the main difference is how the gynecologist specialized in this field controls the surgical instruments.
Dr. Derman Basaran has the highly specialized training necessary to perform these advanced robotic procedures and, having performed hundreds of them, he can ensure patients get the best possible results.
In Which Surgeries Is Robotic Surgery Used in Gynecology?
Using robotic surgery , experienced gynecological specialists can treat conditions such as:
- Abdominal and pelvic pain
- Gynecological cancers such as cervical cancer, ovarian cancer and uterine cancer
- Painful menstruation and heavy menstrual bleeding
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Fibroids (For Robotic Myoma Surgery article, you can access it from the link https://drdermanbasaran.com/robotik-miyom-ameliyati/ )
- Robotic uterus removal surgery (Hysterectomy)
How is Gynecology Surgery Performed with Robotic Surgery?
Robotic surgical systems include:
- The specialist gynecologist controls the scope and instruments using hand controls; a console where the oscilloscope can display its images via the screen
- A robotic system with arms to hold tools
- Camera that will provide 3D imaging of the area to be treated
- Wrist instruments that can convert the hand movements of the gynecologist who will perform the procedure into precise micro movements
Sitting on the console, the gynecologist performs the most delicate and complex procedures with the utmost care, with small incisions. The robotic system can not be programmed. It is not possible for him to act on his own. Treatment is carried out completely under the guidance of a gynecologist.
An essential part of the procedure is the assistant surgeon standing on the operating table next to the patient and manually manipulating an accessory port to assist with tasks such as fine stitching. Dr.Derman Başaran uses robotic gynecology surgery to perform procedures such as: Robotic removal of endometriosis foci while preserving the uterus and ovaries Robotic hysterectomy to remove the uterus Robotic myomectomy, where fibroids are removed while preserving the uterus Urogynecological pelvic floor surgery, in which sagging of the uterus and vagina are treated.
What are the Advantages of Robotic Surgery?
Patients experience less pain during and after treatment. Since small incisions are used during the treatment, the amount of bleeding is less. There is less risk of complications compared to traditional surgeries. In traditional treatments, large incisions are made. This situation requires waiting for the wound to heal for the patient to whom radiotherapy or chemotherapy will be applied after the surgery. However, since small incisions are used with robotic surgery and the recovery time will be short, there is no need to wait for additional treatment time. Opening small incisions; It is advantageous in that it does not carry a large scar on the patient’s body. For a gynecologist who is specialized in his field, the treatment method with robotic surgery provides a lot of convenience.
What Is Da Vinci Surgery?
With the Da Vinci Surgical System , it is possible for gynecologists to perform complex minimally invasive surgical procedures with precise and accurate procedures. It is an advanced robotic system designed to expand the capabilities of the gynecologist and offer an alternative to traditional open surgery.
da Vinci procedures; It is applied for a variety of conditions in specialties including cardiac, urology, gynecology, pediatrics and general surgery. The Da Vinci System has been used successfully in tens of thousands of procedures.
More women today are choosing Da Vinci Surgery over traditional laparoscopy or vaginal surgery for minimally invasive hysterectomy and other treatments .
The Da Vinci Surgical System provides the gynecologist with:
- Precision, dexterity and control during surgery
- Opportunity to make 1-2 cm incisions rather than large incisions
The Da Vinci Surgical System consists of:
- Ergonomically designed surgeon console
- Patient trolley with four interactive robotic arms
- A 3D high-performance vision system and patented EndoWrist instruments
The Da Vinci Surgical System is a significant improvement for both the patient and the doctor when we compare it to traditional open surgeries, in which the gynecologist performing the procedure performs outpatient surgery for hours when necessary, using hand-held instruments with long shafts that cannot bend or rotate.
Da Vinci Surgical System;
- Greater surgical precision
- Increased range of motion
- improved dexterity
- Enhanced visualization, including areas invisible to the naked eye
- Better access to hard-to-reach areas
- It has very important advantages such as the ability to back up healthy tissue that is not affected by cancer.
Robotic Gynecological Surgery Ankara
The treatments performed by Dr.Derman Başaran with robotic gynecology surgery in Ankara are listed below.
- Robotic hysterectomy, removal of the uterus with robotic surgery
- Robotic ovarian cyst surgery
- Robotic myomectomy
- Robotic uterine cancer treatment
- Robotic uterine prolapse treatment
- Robotic endometriosis surgery.
You can reach my article on the subject at this link https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33128120/